This is the best warm spinach artichoke jalapeno dip you and your guests will ever indulge in! It’s creamy, easy to make, and packed with flavor. If you’re looking for more warm and creamy dips, try our creamy jalapeno corn dip and loaded baked potato dip recipe too!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- PERFECT FOR GAME DAY: This easy and delicious jalapeno spinach dip is the perfect appetizer for sharing during the Super Bowl or dinner parties! If you’re looking for more shareable snacks or addicting finger foods, try our easy green onion dip, cream cheese stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon, and imitation crab dip.
- VERSATILITY: This dip can be served with baguettes, baked pita chips, tortilla chips, and even veggies!
- EASY: This creamy dip is easy to make with simple ingredients that come together very quickly!
Recipe Ingredients for Spinach Dip
- CREAM CHEESE: This dip uses full-fat Philidelphia cream cheese to make the dip thick, creamy, and cheesy.
- SOUR CREAM & MAYONAISE: Mayo and 14% sour cream are mixed into the dip for a tangy flavor and to slightly thin out the dip so it’s easy to dip into.
- CHEESE: Parmesan cheese is mixed into the dip for flavor and texture, and mozzarella cheese is sprinkled on top and becomes gooey and golden as the dip bakes.
- SALT & PEPPER: Salt and pepper enhance the overall flavor of the dip.
- GARLIC: Fresh garlic is added for a delicious garlicky flavor that complements the other ingredients in the dip.
- JALAPENO: Jalapeno is included in the spin dip for flavor and a hint of spice.
- ARTICHOKES: Canned artichokes are included in the dip for a chewy and delicious texture and flavor.
- SPINACH: Frozen spinach is included for color, flavor, and texture, but you can also use fresh spinach if you prefer.
See the recipe card below for the ingredient measurements.
- BOWLS: You’ll need one mixing bowl to make the dip
- BAKING DISH: For baking the dip.
- KNIFE: For chopping the jalapeno, artichokes, and spinach.
- STRAINER/COLANDER: For draining the canned artichokes.
- GARLIC PRESS OR GRATER: For making the fresh garlic clove into a paste.
- CHESSE GRATER: For shredding the mozzarella cheese.
- ELECTRIC HAND MIXER: You will want to use an electric hand mixer to mix the dip ingredients because it’ll be much easier than using a spoon!
- MEASURING SPOONS AND CUPS: For measuring the ingredients.
- Prepare: Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix: To a mixing bowl, add the softened cream cheese, sour cream, and mayo and mix with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and mix again. Fold in the garlic, jalapeno, artichoke, and spinach.
- Bake: Transfer the dip mixture to a baking dish, sprinkle mozzarella over the top, and bake uncovered on the middle rack for 30-35 minutes until the edges are golden.
Storage and Leftovers
Store the dip covered with tin foil in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Use room-temperature cream cheese. The cream cheese should be soft so that it mixes well. If it’s cold, you can soften it by placing it in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes.
- Thin out the dip. If the dip seems too thick, add more sour cream.
- Remove the jalapeno seeds. If you just want the flavor of jalapeno and no heat, then feel free to remove the seeds before dicing it.
- Feta Cheese: Add feta to the dip for a tangy, salty flavor and cheesy texture.
- Water Chestnuts: Add some finely chopped water chestnuts if you’d like to add a crunchy texture that complements the creaminess of the dip.
- Lemon Zest: Add a pinch of lemon zest to enhance and brighten the flavor of the dip and balance out the creaminess.
The alternative ingredients are just suggestions and have not been tested.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to eat with spinach dip?
You can serve the dip with tortilla chips, baked pita chips, baguette, and or veggies.
Can I make the dip ahead of time?
You can make the dip ahead of time and bake it the next day if preferred. This will also help intensify the flavor of the dip!
Can you freeze spinach artichoke dip?
Yes, you can freeze the dip in an airtight container or a freezer bag for up to 2-3 months. Ensure you release the access air from the bag before sealing it.
Can you reheat spinach dip in the microwave?
Yes, you can reheat spinach dip in the microwave by scooping out the portion you’d like onto a plate/bowl and heating it at 15-second intervals until warm. Alternatively, you can pop the baking dish back in the oven at 350°F for up to 10 minutes.
Can you use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream?
You can replace the sour cream with Greek yogurt to lighten up the dip, but just be sure to know that the flavor will be slightly different.Print