Are you looking for a warm and cheesy loaded baked potato dip recipe to bring to a party? This baked potato dip is one of the most popular game day appetizers out there, and it's perfect if you want to make super bowl dip recipes this year.
This cheesy loaded baked potato dip recipe is made from all the classic loaded baked potato toppings like sour cream, cheese, bacon, and green onions. This recipe will remind you so much of a loaded baked potato!
Reasons you'll love this recipe
- EASY: All you need to do for this easy dip recipe is add ingredients and bake!
- QUICK: This loaded baked potato dip recipe is quick to make the day of or the night before and will only take 25 minutes to bake!
- CROWD PLEASER: Everyone at a party always enjoys this warm and cheesy dip recipe. Just like our cheese dip for nachos recipe and cream cheese stuffed jalapeños with bacon, this dip is cheesy and delicious and is great recipe if you’re thinking of appetizer ideas to make for the super bowl!
- CREAM CHEESE: You should use a room temperature, whole fat cream cheese for this recipe. It will make this loaded baked potato dip super creamy. Use one 8 ounce package.
- SOUR CREAM: Sour cream will give this recipe a little tang and help with the creaminess of this dip. You also can’t have a loaded baked potato without sour cream…use 1 cup.
- CHEDDAR CHEESE: Look for a sharp or old cheddar cheese for this recipe; it adds much more flavour than regular cheddar cheese. Also, avoid using pre-shredded cheese or shred it yourself for the best results. You will need 2 cups of shredded cheese.
- GREEN ONION: Green onion really helps to brighten and break down this rather heavy and high fat dip recipe while adding a lot of fresh flavour. Use a ¼ cup worth of diced green onion.
- GARLIC POWDER: Garlic compliments the loaded baked potato dip well. Use 1 Teaspoon.
- BACON: The addition of bacon in this dip recipe is game changing. You will want to cook the bacon prior to adding it to the dip and then cut it up into small pieces. Use ½ a cup of diced bacon.
- SALT & PEPPER: Use a pinch or two of salt and pepper to enhance and elevate the dip's flavour.
- POTATO CHIPS: Potato chips are a no brainer for this recipe as it ties in to the loaded baked potato theme by adding a potato-like ingredient into the mix.
Kitchen tools that will help you
- CHEESE GRATER: To shred the cheese.
- CUTTING BOARD & KNIFE: To chop the green onion and bacon.
- DIP TRAY: A small to medium sized dip bowl or tray to bake and serve the loaded baked potato dip.
- MIXING BOWL: To combine the ingredients.
- ELECTRIC MIXER OR FORK: For mixing the ingredients.
- MEASURING SPOONS AND CUPS: For measuring the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F or 177° C.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the room temperature cream cheese and sour cream and mix until fully combined.
- Mix in only half of the shredded cheddar cheese, the green onion, garlic powder, cooked bacon, salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to a small oven safe baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until the edges of the cheese are golden.
- Garnish with extra green onion and serve warm with potato chips.
- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature. This will ensure the loaded baked potato dip mixture will be easy for you to mix, especially if you don’t own an electric mixer. If the cream cheese is too cold it will be solid and too firm to mix.
- Dry the bacon on a paper towel. Once you’ve cooked the bacon for this loaded baked potato dip, lay the bacon out on a paper bowl. This will help reduce the amount of grease and liquid from going into the dip and altering the texture.
- Shred the cheese yourself. If you use pre shredded cheese, it will not melt as well and won’t be as cheesy and stringy as you would have hoped for.
- Save the leftovers. This loaded baked potato dip can be stored covered in your fridge for up to 5 days and easily reheated in the microwave or warmed in the oven to serve and enjoy again.
The options are endless! Potato chips are a great option because they tie into the whole loaded baked potato theme; but some other awesome options are waffle fries, vegetables like carrots and celery, crackers, and sliced baguette.
Loaded baked potato dip is simply a dip comprised of all the toppings that would normally go on a loaded baked potato including sour cream, bacon, cheese, and green onions. Its very popular to dip the dip with potato chips or fries as it ties in with the whole loaded baked potato theme!
Store covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.