Have you heard of the TikTok butter board trend? If you're looking for butter board ideas, then you have to try this delicious and easy caprese inspired butter board recipe!
Slathered butter topped with fresh cherry tomatoes, basil, bocconcini balls, and prosciutto, with a hit of balsamic and a pinch of salt.
Reasons you'll love this recipe
- Easy: It's incredibly easy to make! It requires only a few ingredients and a couple of steps.
- Quick: This butter board recipe will take you less than 15 minutes to make!
- Taste: This recipe has the perfect balance of fat, salt, acidity, and freshness. Made for all the Caprese lovers out there!
Ingredients you'll need
- Baguette (1)
- Butter, Softened (1 ½ Sticks or ¾ Cup)
- Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, Halved (15)
- Bocconcini Balls (10)
- Balsamic (1 Tablespoon)
- Prosciutto, Optional (2 Pieces - Slice Into Quarter Sizes (To Make 8 Small Pieces))
- Salt (1 Teaspoon)
- Fresh Basil Leaves (As Desired)
How to make a butter board
- Spread butter on a cutting board or cheese board (the one you plan to use as a serving tray). There's no trick, just go for it!
- Place your sliced tomatoes and bocconcini balls sporadically on top of the butter. Drizzle balsamic all over. Sporadically place your prosciutto pieces on the butter board (optional ingredient). Sprinkle salt over everything.
- Garnish with fresh bail leaves.
- Scoop with a slice of baguette, enjoy!
- Butter: Don’t overthink spreading the butter! There is no right way, go for it! Make sure your butter is at room temperature. If you just realized your butter is in the fridge, don’t worry! Place it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. If it’s not soft enough, add it for another few seconds. Ensure it is soft, not melted. Softened butter will be the easiest to spread on your board.
- Tomatoes and Bocconcini Balls: Set them on a paper towel once the tomatoes are sliced. Do the same when you pick out your bocconcini balls. This will allow any liquid to be absorbed before going onto the butter board.
- Balsamic: When pouring the balsamic, place a finger or thumb over the hole so that the balsamic lightly drizzle out at a controlled rate.
- Prosciutto: A whole piece of prosciutto is quite large when there is other ingredients sharing the space of the board. It’s recommended to cut or pull apart the pieces of prosciutto into smaller pieces.
Frequently Asked Questions
A butter board is a tiktok trend! It's a recipe made by spreading butter onto a board and topping it with your favourite ingredients!