In need of a party pleasing appetizer? Well, these cream cheese stuffed jalapeños with bacon will not disappoint!
These cream cheese stuffed jalapeños with bacon are super simple to make. Unique and delicious, this is the perfect finger food to share with your friends at your next gathering or sports game event!
Baked to perfection, these jalapeños are filled with a mixture of cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and some garlic powder, wrapped in a strip of bacon; for a creamy texture and a salty bite.
Reasons you'll love this recipe
- EASY: This is one of the easiest appetizers to make. It only requires 5 main ingredients and takes 5 minutes to prep! This recipe can also be prepped ahead of time and baked whenever you’re ready. What's great about that is that if you’re going over to someone’s place and you want to bring an appetizer, you can just prep it at home and bake it at their house! Once they’re prepped, they can hang out in your fridge for up to 3 days before baking!
- CROWD PLEASER: These jalapeño poppers will vanish after setting them out for your guests, so double if necessary. This cheesy appetizer is great to share with your friends and family at any occasion, especially big game days like the Superbowl!
- JALAPENOS: You will need 6 jalapeño peppers to make 12 jalapeño poppers! Each of the 6 jalapeño peppers will be sliced in half, making 12 servings for your guests. Try to find the biggest jalapeños at your local grocery store!
- CREAM CHEESE: For all the creaminess these jalapeño poppers have to offer. This recipe uses full-fat cream cheese. You will need 1 cup worth.
- CHEDDAR CHEESE: Did someone say more cheese? Yes! Why not make these jalapeño poppers more creamy? This recipe uses 1 cup of old cheddar for more a sharper tangier flavour. Use your desired flavour of cheddar cheese; at the end of the day… all cheese is good.
- GARLIC POWDER: Garlic powder for some extra flavour. The garlic powder will be added to the creamy, cheesy mixture for a hint of extra flavour. Use ½ a teaspoon. Garlic powder is certainly optional; these will taste great with or without so don’t get too hung up on it if you’re running low!
- SALT & PEPPER: To enhance and balance out all the flavours. Use ¼ teaspoon of each.
- BACON: To wrap the jalapeño poppers! It's literally like the “icing on the cake” or the “cherry on top”. The wrap of bacon just completes these cheesy jalapeño poppers. Use one strip per popper for simplicity or half a strip per popper. Half a strip is the perfect ratio among the other ingredients, but it's hard to say no to more bacon!
- KNIFE: For chopping the onion, green pepper, mushrooms, garlic, jalapeño, and green onion.
- CHEESE GRATER: For grating the cheddar cheese.
- BAKING SHEET: For baking the jalapeno poppers.
- MEASURING SPOONS AND CUPS: For measuring the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 400° F or 200° C.
- Prepare a baking sheet with tin foil and spray with oil. Set aside.
- Slice each jalapeño in half lengthwise.
- Remove/scoop out the seeds from each jalapeño with a spoon. Set jalapeños aside.
- Mix the cream cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and grated cheese in a bowl.
- Evenly distribute the cream cheese mixture into each jalapeño half with a spoon.
- Wrap each jalapeño half in 1 strip of bacon.
- Place each jalapeño on the baking sheet; bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Choose your level of spice. This depends on how many seeds you scoop out of the jalapeño vs. how much you leave in. Heat comes from the seeds, so be sure to remove the seeds if you aren’t keen on spice!
- Buy the biggest jalapeños! It's easier to stuff the jalapeños with the cream cheese mixture if there’s more room inside! Also, I’m sure you’re guests won’t mind a bigger serving…
- Add more cheese. These jalapeño poppers taste great topped with extra cheddar cheese (before wrapping them in bacon). Add more shredded cheese as desired.
They aren’t spicy because most recipes, including this one, remove the seeds. Pepper seeds is where the heat/spice comes from.
Jalapeño poppers are served well with other appetizers, like chicken wings, nachos, etc. They also taste great in combination with a dip! Ranch dip is commonly used and enjoyed with jalapeño poppers.
Store cooked jalapeno poppers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. If you are prepping these ahead of time, they can be stored in the fridge up to 5 days before baking the jalapeno poppers.