This easy and addictive rotisserie buffalo chicken dip is the ideal game-day appetizer for the Super Bowl or any occasion. Looking for more dip ideas? You should try our creamy spinach artichoke jalapeno dip or our spicy jalapeno corn dip.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- PERFECT FOR GAME DAY: There’s nothing like some hot wings or a cheesy chip dip to snack on during the Super Bowl. This creamy buffalo chicken dip combines both of these tasty appetizers into one and makes for the perfect finger food for sharing with your friends while watching the game!
- EASY: With just 5 ingredients, this dip comes together super quick.
- LOTS TO GO AROUND: This buffalo chicken dip is perfect for sharing on any occasion and makes enough for a crowd!
- CREAM CHEESE: The cream cheese makes this dip super creamy and acts as the base of the dip.
- HOT SAUCE: Buffalo hot sauce gives this chicken dip a ton of flavor and spice. This recipe uses Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wings sauce, but Frank’s Red Hot original hot sauce is just as good too!
- RANCH DRESSING: The ranch adds a tangy flavor that pairs well with the hot sauce and helps thin out the dip.
- CHICKEN: Shredded rotisserie chicken is mixed into the dip for flavor, texture, and protein. Using a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken also makes it super easy and speeds up the process of making this dip.
- CHEDDAR CHEESE: Cheddar cheese is folded into the dip and sprinkled on top to make the dip super cheesy and delicious.
- SALT & PEPPER: A pinch of salt and pepper helps enhance the overall flavor of the buffalo dip.
See the recipe card below for the ingredient measurements.
- MIXING BOWL: For making the dip.
- SERVING DISH: For serving the buffalo chicken dip.
- FORKS: For shredding the chicken.
- CHEESE GRATER: For shredding the cheddar cheese.
- MEASURING SPOONS AND CUPS: For measuring the ingredients.
- Prepare: Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix: To a mixing bowl, add the softened cream cheese and mix it with an electric hand mixer until smooth. Add the hot sauce, ranch, salt, and pepper and mix it again. Fold in the shredded rotisserie with a rubber spatula, and then fold in ½ cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Bake: Transfer the dip mixture to a baking dish, sprinkle the dip with the remaining cheddar cheese and bake the dip uncovered on the middle rack for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve: Garnish with sliced green onions (optional) and serve warm with tortilla chips or veggies.
Storage and Leftovers
Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days, covered tightly with plastic wrap or tin foil.
- Shred the chicken. The best way to incorporate chicken into this dip is to shred it. The easiest way to do this is to do it while the chicken is still warm, then break off the chicken into parts (leaving any bones and skin behind) and then shred it using either an electric hand mixer or two forks to shred and pull the meat apart.
- Soften the cream cheese. If the cream cheese isn’t softened, it will be difficult to handle and mix, so you want to ensure it’s at room temperature before using it. There are 3 quick ways to soften cream cheese: leaving it out on the counter for an hour, placing the sealed cream cheese in warm water for 10-15 minutes, or microwaving it at 10-second intervals in a microwave-safe dish.
- Thin out the dip. If you find the cheese dip is a bit too thick and might be too heavy to scoop after you’ve mixed the cream cheese with the liquid ingredients, add some more ranch or hot sauce to thin it out.
- SOUR CREAM: Consider adding some sour cream to make this dip extra creamy, dippable, and tangy.
- BLUE CHEESE: Try topping the dip with crumbles of blue cheese bits or mixing it into the dip. The sharp flavor of the blue cheese will complement the buffalo hot sauce and make the dip extra cheesy and creamy. You can also substitute the ranch dressing for blue cheese dressing if you prefer!
- MOZZARELLA CHEESE: Consider adding mozzarella cheese to the mix for a variation of cheese in the dip and to make it extra creamy. You can also omit the cheddar for mozzarella if you prefer!
- CHICKEN BREAST: You can opt for baked or boiled chicken breast if you prefer not to use a rotisserie chicken. You can shred it the same way or dice it into small pieces.
- CANNED CHICKEN: Another popular option for the chicken in this dip is to use canned chicken.
The alternative ingredients are just suggestions and have not been tested.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to serve with buffalo chicken dip?
Some of the most popular things to dip into buffalo chicken dip are tortilla chips, celery sticks, carrots, baguette slices, and crackers!
Can you freeze buffalo chicken dip?
You can freeze buffalo chicken dip, however the texture will likely be different once it’s dethawed as both cream cheese and ranch do not freeze well.
Can you make buffalo chicken dip ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the dip a couple of days ahead of time but for best results, you should store it in the fridge before it's been baked and then bake it the day you’re serving it so the cheesy top has the right texture and it’s nice and warm for your guests.
Why is my Buffalo chicken dip so liquidy?
This may happen if you use reduced-fat cream cheese or use too much ranch or hot sauce.
Why does my Buffalo chicken dip get oily?
Your dip may get oily and greasy if it’s overcooked. It only needs about 30 minutes to bake.Print