Are you looking for a party dip that’ll impress your guests, or do you need an amazing appetizer to make for the Super Bowl? This easy spicy black bean dip is flavorful, easy to make, and super yummy! Try our other popular dips, like our easy imitation crab dip or quick and easy green onion dip.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- PERFECT FOR SHARING: This easy black bean dip is a great appetizer for sharing at dinner parties, gatherings, or game day!
- EASY: This delicious black bean dip is quick and easy and requires just a handful of simple ingredients mixed together in a blender.
- FLAVORFUL: This healthy bean dip is flavorful and addicting with a little kick to it.
- BLACK BEANS: Black beans are used as the base of the dip and give it a very creamy texture.
- WATER: Water helps thin out the dip.
- GARLIC & ONION: Fresh garlic and yellow onion add a ton of flavor to the dip.
- JALAPENO: Jalapeno adds flavor and spice to the dip. If you’re not big on spice, you can remove the seeds from the jalapeno before blending it.
- CILANTRO: Cilantro gives the dip a fresh flavor and an amazing aroma.
- SALT & PEPPER: A pinch of salt and pepper enhances the overall flavor of the dip.
- SPICES: Chili powder and cumin add a lot of flavor to the dip and complement the other ingredients.
- LIME JUICE: Lime juice adds a citrus flavor that helps cut through the creaminess of the dip.
See the recipe card below for the ingredient measurements.
- SERVING DISH: For serving the dip.
- KNIFE: For chopping the jalapeno, garlic and onion.
- CAN OPENER: For opening the cans of beans.
- STRAINER/COLANDER: For rinsing and straining the beans.
- BLENDER: For mixing the dip ingredients. Alternatively, you can use a food processor.
- MEASURING SPOONS AND CUPS: For measuring the ingredients.
- Mix: Add all the ingredients to a blender and mix until smooth. Add more water or lime juice if it’s getting difficult to blend.
- Serve: Serve cold with tortilla chips.
Storage and Leftovers
Store the dip covered with plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Thin out the dip. If the dip seems too thick while blending, thin it out by adding more water or lime juice.
- Make the dip more spicy. If the dip isn’t spicy enough for you, add another jalapeno.
- Remove the jalapeno seeds. If you just want the flavor of jalapeno and no heat, then feel free to remove the seeds before dicing it.
- Cotija Cheese: Top the dip with some cotija cheese for a tangy and salty flavor and a crumbly texture.
- Sour Cream: Add a dollop of sour cream on top of the dip for a tangy sour flavor and creamy texture that pairs deliciously with the dip. Some extra cilantro sprinkled on top will make the dip look extra beautiful!
- Avocado: Add a couple of slices of avocado on top for a stunning presentation, pop of colour, and delicious flavour. Top with some flakey salt to enhance the avocado flavor!
The alternative ingredients are just suggestions and have not been tested.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make the dip ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the dip the day or night before and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. This will also give the dip time to enhance its flavor.
Does bean dip need to be refrigerated?
Yes, you should refrigerate leftover black bean dip.
How long does black bean dip last?
It will last up to 5 days covered in the fridge.
Can you freeze black bean dip?
It can be frozen, however the texture may be different once thawed.
What to dip in black bean dip?
You can dip it with tortilla chips or veggies.Print