Are you looking for an easy chocolate delight recipe you can make in no time? This crowd-pleasing no-bake version makes this a super easy chocolate delight recipe that’s ready in just 15 minutes!
This chocolate delight pudding recipe is fluffy and smooth with its velvety layers of chocolate and vanilla pudding, cool whip, and soda cracker filling.
Reasons you'll love this recipe
- EASY: This recipe is super easy to make with just a few simple ingredients, including some pudding packs, CoolWhip, and soda crackers. Thats it!
- QUICK: This easy chocolate delight recipe is quick to make because it's a no-bake version. All you need to do is make the pudding, layer it with soda crackers and cool whip. You don’t have to make a crust and bake it as you would in the original recipe.
- CROWD PLEASER: Everyone knows that a chocolate delight pudding dessert or sex in a pan is a super popular dessert recipe that everyone loves, and this version is just as good but is easier and quicker to make! This dessert is always the first to go; everyone will ask you for the recipe.
- COOLWHIP: Look for an original frozen whipped topping. The brand used in this recipe is CoolWhip. Ensure that this whipped topping is at room temperature when you make this recipe; frozen whipped topping will not spread evenly. Use 1.5 Litres (1 and ½ containers worth).
- PUDDING: Look for one chocolate and vanilla pudding package containing 102 grams each. If you prefer to combine different flavours, go for it! Another combination that tastes great is chocolate and butterscotch. If you’re feeling fancy, you can always try to make your own chocolate and vanilla pudding as well.
- MILK: Use your preference for milk to combine with the pudding packages. Whole milk and almond milk have both proven to work for this recipe. Use as directed by the pudding package instructions.
- CRACKERS: You should use salted or unsalted soda crackers for this recipe. Soda crackers are quite plain so they don’t distract you from the flavours of the delight recipe, and they soak up the pudding very well. You will need 1 - 2 packs.
- MEDIUM-SIZED BOWLS: You will need two bowls, one to make each of the puddings.
- HAND OR ELECTRIC MIXER: To make the chocolate and vanilla pudding.
- SPATCUHLA: For scraping all of the pudding into the baking dish and spreading the layers of pudding and whipped topping.
- SQUARE BAKING DISH: Use an 8x8 square baking dish for layering the dessert.
- PLASTIC WRAP & TOOTHPICKS: For storing the dessert.
- MEASURING SPOONS AND CUPS: For measuring the ingredients.
- In two separate medium sized bowls, make the vanilla pudding and chocolate pudding following the instructions on the pudding packages.
- In an 8x8 square baking dish, add a layer of cool whip and then a layer of soda crackers. For the next layer, add all of the chocolate pudding, then spread another layer of cool whip again, then a layer of soda crackers, then all of the vanilla pudding, then cool whip as the final layer.
- Stick a few toothpicks into the dessert and cover it with plastic wrap. Store in the fridge for up to 5 hours before serving or make the night before.
- Remove plastic wrap and toothpicks before serving.
- Make this chocolate delight pudding dessert the night before. For the best results, this dessert tastes best if you make it ahead of time. Giving the crackers time to soak up the pudding and CoolWhip will make a huge difference in the texture of the dessert. The goal is for the crackers to be fully soaked up to the point where you don’t even know its in the pudding.
- Use your favourite pudding combinations for this dessert. There are so many amazing pudding flavours out there like french vanilla, butterscotch, oreo, pistachio, chocolate fudge, banana, cheesecake, lemon, white chocolate and so many more. What makes this easy chocolate delight recipe so great is how many different versions you can make from it by using different pudding combinations!
- Add your favourite toppings to this easy chocolate delight recipe. Some great topping options are chocolate shavings, nuts, and sprinkles.
Absolutely! Double all ingredients and use a rectangular 9x13 baking dish instead.
Yes, freeze in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for 1 month.