Searching for a quick fall breakfast or dessert recipe to satisfy your fall cravings in no time? This quick and easy pumpkin pie twists recipe is super delicious, made in 15 minutes or less, and it's full of pumpkin spice goodness.
This delicious pumpkin pie twist recipe is made with Pillsbury crescent rolls to keep things simple and tossed with pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and sugar. These pumpkin pie twists scream fall, they're so quick to make, and perfect for kids!
Reasons you'll love this recipe
- Easy: These pumpkin twists require just 4 ingredients and will take you only 15 minutes to make!
- Taste: Just like our pumpkin spice snickerdoodles, pumpkin bread with cream cheese frosting, pumpkin spice coffee cake, from scratch pumpkin pie recipe, and pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls, these pumpkin twist recipe is full of fall flavor and perfect for sharing at Thanksgiving.
- Versatile: These can be eaten at breakfast, as a snack, or for dessert! They give you that little sugar pick me upright when you need it. They also taste great with a cup of coffee or tea.
- PILLSBURY ORIGINAL CRESCENT ROLLS: For the dough!
- GRANULATED SUGAR: To sweeten things up.
- GROUND CINNAMON & PUMPKIN PIE SPICE: For all the fall flavour.
- CUTTING BOARD: You’ll want to use a cutting board to prepare your dough on. Once your dough is prepared, a cutting board will make it easier to slice your dough; instead of needing to transfer your prepared dough to a cutting board afterwards to cut it.
- PIZZA CUTTER: I recommend using a pizza cutter to slice your dough. It will smoothly glide through the dough, slicing it easily and with precision.
- LARGE BAKING SHEET: This recipe makes 8 crescent pumpkin twists, so I recommend using a large baking sheet to fit them all in. They don’t need much spacing from each other, maybe half an inch. However, you can always use 2 smaller baking sheets if you don’t have 1 large one.
- Prepare: Preheat your oven to 350° F or 177° C. Prepare your baking sheet(s) with tin foil and spray, and set it aside for later. Parchment paper will also work for this recipe. Following the instructions on the Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls package, open the package and lay the dough out flat on a cutting board.
- Mix: In a small bowl, combine and mix the pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and sugar. Sprinkle half of the sugar mixture evenly over the dough. Carefully and slowly flip the dough over so that the sugar side is now face down. Sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture evenly over this side of the dough.
- Slice: Slowly and firmly slice the dough into 8 strips with a pizza cutter. Twist each strip to create a twist of dough.
- Bake: Carefully place each twist onto your baking sheet(s). Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden.
- Serve: Allow to cool for 2-5 minutes before eating.
- Make more pumpkin pie twists: If you prefer to have more than 8 pumpkin pie twists, slice more strips. They will be thinner but taste just the same! I would recommend cooking for 8-10 minutes if you make more than 8.
- Keep your pumpkin twists shape while baking: Once you’ve made you have shaped your cinnamon twists, press any flaps that are sticking up down. This will help stick through together and keep the dough from unravelling while it’s baking.
- Garnish with sugar: Once slightly cooled, after 5 minutes, garnish with some extra granulated sugar. This garnish makes these pumpkin pie twists look so pretty!
Frequently Asked Questions
Use a variety of cinnamon, cloves, allspice, ginger, and nutmeg to create your own pumpkin pie spice.
Store the pumpkin pie twists in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months.