Fall baking on your mind? How about an easy pumpkin pie spice cookies recipe to indulge in during the fall season or to share at Thanksgiving? These pumpkin spiced cookies will satisfy all your pumpkin spice cravings this fall and were here to help walk you through making them!
Aren't recipes for pumpkin spice cookies just the best during the fall season? Well, these delicious pumpkin spice snickerdoodles are made with all your favorite fall ingredients like pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, sugar, and more!
Reasons you'll love this recipe
- Flavor: This pumpkin spice cookie recipe uses pumpkin pie spice, pulling through all those fall flavours you're looking for in a fall dessert similar to recipes like a From Scratch Pumpkin Pie Recipe, Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting, Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls, Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake, and Pumpkin Twists.
- Texture: These pumpkin spiced cookies are super soft and chewy and melt away in your mouth. Your pallet will thank you.
- Smell: While your pumpkin pie sugar cookies are baking, your house will have a fantastic pumpkin spice aroma.
Ingredients You'll Need
- Flour (1 & ½ cups)
- Pumpkin Spice (2 teaspoons)
- Ground Cinnamon (½ teaspoon)
- Baking Soda (½ teaspoon)
- Cream of Tartar (1 teaspoon)
- Salt (¼ teaspoon)
- Butter-Softened (½ cup)
- Granulated Sugar (½ cup)
- Brown Sugar-Packed (¼ cup)
- Egg Yolk (1)
- Vanilla Extract (2 teaspoons)
- Pumpkin Puree (1//4 cup)
- Cinnamon (½ teaspoon)
- Granulated Sugar (¼ cup)
- Pumpkin Spice (1 teaspoons)
- Dry ingredients: Combine and mix the dry ingredients (except the sugar) in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
- Wet ingredients: Mix the butter and sugars in a separate medium or large bowl until smooth. Add the remaining wet ingredients to combine.
- Combine: Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients, and mix until smooth (normal to look thick-ish).
- Chill: Cover tightly and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Prepare: While the dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 350° F or 177° C. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix: Mix the coating ingredients together.
- Shape: Scoop 1 tablespoons of dough per cookie and roll it into a ball using your hands. Toss the ball into the sugar coating. Add each cookie to the baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake: Bake for 11 – 13 minutes. Once removed from the oven, slightly press down on each cookie with the back of a spoon to flatten.
Absolutely! Simply cut the ingredients in half or double the ingredients as desired.
Store the pumpkin spice sugar cookies in an air-tight container on the counter for 1-week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
You can create your own pumpkin spice seasoning using 5 common ingredients: cinnamon, allspice, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg.