Is it cold outside? Is it flu season? If so, a piping hot, quick and easy chicken noodle soup recipe is just what you need! This delicious chicken noodle soup recipe is savoury, hearty and full of flavor.
This quick and easy chicken noodle soup recipe has all the classic chicken noodle ingredients like celery, carrots, onion, garlic, shredded chicken, twisted egg noodles, and a savoury chicken broth.
Reasons you'll love this recipe
- EASY: This is a one-pot quick and easy chicken noodle soup recipe! You just have to throw your ingredients in, let it cook, and its time to eat!
- HEALTHY: This chicken noodle soup recipe is full of nutrients, antioxidants, and vitamins and is high in fibre and protein from the carrots, celery, chicken and broth.
- COMFORTING: This ultra-satisfying chicken noodle soup is comforting on a cold day or when you feel sick. It’s also perfect when you’re trying to eat healthier or craving something savoury.
- ONION: Diced onions will give the soup a great flavour. Dice 1 small onion.
- CARROTS: The carrots are a perfect hearty vegetable for a chicken noodle soup and add a little sweetness. Peel and chop/slice 1 large carrot.
- CELERY: Celery pairs very well with carrots with mild bitterness and adds a lot of flavour to the broth. Slice 2 celery sticks.
- GARLIC: Garlic is a must for most recipes with its packed flavour. Mince 4 garlic cloves.
- CHICKEN BROTH: Chicken broth is full of flavour and helps give the body hydration and nutrients. Use 8 - 10 cups.
- CHICKEN: Use chicken breast for this soup. It's easy to shred, tastes great, and is the perfect texture for this soup recipe.
- EGG NOODLES: Egg noodles are super popular in chicken noodle soup recipes for their spiral look, taste and texture. Use 170 grams.
- SALT & PEPPER: to enhance the flavour of the soup, use 1 teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper.
- PARSLEY (OPTIONAL): Fresh parsley really elevates the flavours of this chicken noodle soup. Use ½ a tablespoon.
- LARGE POT: For making the soup.
- KNIFE: For chopping the vegetables.
- POTATO PEELER: For peeling the carrots.
- ELECTRIC MIXER: For shredding the chicken. Alternatively you can use forks to shred the chicken following these steps.
- MEASURING SPOONS AND CUPS: For measuring the ingredients.
- Add olive oil, onions, carrots, and celery in a large pot set on low to medium heat. Cook until soft, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the chicken broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken and boil for 10 minutes, then add the noodles and cook according to the packages.
- Turn off the heat, and remove the chicken breasts from the pot. In a medium-sized bowl, add the chicken breast and shred using an electric mixer or using two forks. Place the chicken back into the pot.
- Add fresh parsley to the pot, stir, and serve.
- Shred the chicken. Shredding the chicken breast gives the soup a perfectly hearty texture and will give you a mouth full of chicken with every bite. The easiest way to shred chicken is with an electric mixer; it will take you no more than 10 seconds to do it!
- Add water for more broth. Once the soup has been made, and you prefer there to be more broth, add a couple of cups of water. It won’t dilute the flavour that much because the ingredients are so flavourful.
- Add the parsley to the soup last. If you choose to add some fresh parsley to your chicken noodle soup, add it at the end. This will keep the flavour elevated, whereas adding the parsley too soon will cook out the flavour and not taste as strong.
It keeps you warm, helps relieve a sore throat through the sodium it contains, and clears nasal congestion and sinus pressure.
Chicken noodle soup contains numerous health benefits. Chicken noodle soup's broth, chicken, and vegetables contain significant nutrients, vitamins, fibre, protein, and collagen. It's great for weight loss and detox.
Bread and butter, sandwiches, crackers, and salads all pair very well with a hot bowl of chicken noodle soup.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for 1 month.